The importance of Gutter Maintenance
Ignoring your gutters can get you into a lot of trouble! A proper maintenance routine calls for at least two clean-outs a year to avoid costly, irreversible damage to your home. Window Genie is here with some fun facts! We hope after reading this you feel educated and prepared to care for your home like never before!
CLOGGED GUTTERS: A home’s silent killer
There’s good news and there’s bad news. We’ll start with the bad:
- Gutters are one of the most overlooked aspects of home maintenance. It’s easy to forget a part of your home you cannot easily see or access. Problems arise silently and you’re usually unaware until it’s too late! Yikes!
- Water cannot properly flow from a clogged gutter. Stagnant water is an ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects. Birds and mice are also known to make themselves at home in a clogged gutter!
- Water that cannot drain properly WILL find a way out of the gutter eventually. This usually means the water seeps into your roof, siding, fascia board or foundation. Over time this causes significant damage including excessive mold, cracking, rusting and rotting.
- A rotten house is not a happy house! Your gutters will begin to distance themselves… literally! Gutters are typically installed with a nail. Over time, weather causes this nail to expand and contract. The hole the nail rests in has now expanded. When the nail contracts again, it comes loose and slips out, bringing the gutter with it. The gutter could break free from the roof taking siding, paint, shingles or landscaping down with it.
- Cleaning your own gutters is DANGEROUS! According to the National Safety Council, falls are the #1 cause of accidental death and injury at home.Falls cause over 6,500 deaths each year and over TWO MILLION hospital-related injuries every year.
We told you there would be good news! There are solutions to your gutter problems
- WINDOW GENIE CAN HELP!
- Window Genie now offers gutter re-securing as an add on service. If we’re cleaning your gutters and notice they’re coming loose, we can easily re-secure them that day! Replacing gutters is EXTREMELY expensive if they fall off, especially if they take your roof, siding or landscaping down with them. Why gamble on a perfectly good gutter when it’s only flaw is how it’s been attached. We’ll get you cleaned up, re-secured and good to go!
- Window Genie offers Window Care, a program where scheduled repeat visits save the customer money. This is especially effective when multiple services are bundled and scheduled to be regularly repeated together! If you need your gutters and windows cleaned twice a year, have them done on the same day! You’ll save money, time and it’s incredibly convenient.