Ever wonder if the company you’re dealing with is giving you a fair deal with their gutter cleaning prices? This simple guide will help inform your hunt for the most cost-efficient gutter cleaners out there. Read on to learn some gutter cleaning price estimation tips from the Window Genie team!
What am I paying for?
Typical gutter cleaning services clean your gutters of leaves, insects, nests, sticks, and other obstructions, bag the waste, and neatly dispose of it. Once cleaned, the entire system is flushed to ensure that the gutter and downpipes are fully functional. In some markets, additional services can be tacked onto the service. Ask your local Genie if the technician will inspect the gutter system, tighten fasteners, reseal end caps and outlets, and otherwise repair problem areas.
Typical costs you will see for gutter cleaning:
This quick and easy breakdown of common gutter cleaning costs will help you assess the value of the different pricing systems you’ll encounter on your search for affordable gutter cleaning. They’re more affordable than you think!
· A single-story 1,500 square-foot home with 150 linear feet of gutters will typically be priced somewhere between $70 and $200.
· A single-story 2,000 square-foot home with 160-180 linear feet of gutters will range between $90 and $225.
· A two-story 2,500 square-foot home with 200 linear feet of gutters will cost $100 to $250.
Common causes for a price hike:
You might have to pay a little extra if your gutter cleaning calls for any of the following special procedures:
· A three-story home will often cost you an extra $75 to $200. This cost reflects the need for special equipment such as a 40-foot ladder or the need for a second worker for safety reasons.
· Landscaping – larger bushes or trees that interfere with the technician’s ability to maneuver quickly will cause a price hike due to time spent safely moving and setting up ladders.
· Gutter screens – if your home needs to have these removed and reinstalled during the gutter clean-out, field technicians will be spending more time on the job.
· Severely clogged downspouts can add considerable cost to your gutter cleaning.
· ***All additional costs will be discussed during your complimentary estimate!
The Story and Foot Pricing System
Traditionally, many gutter cleaning companies use a standard calculation that factors in the height and length of the gutter in order to calculate the final cost. For example, a company might structure their gutter cleaning prices by charging $1 per foot on single story buildings, and $2 per foot on two story buildings. This model of linear foot pricing is different than the square footage formula used by other companies, and could save money for homes with big deck and patio extensions.
The Square Footage Formula
The name is rather self-explanatory, but deciding on whether this is a good pricing structure can be tricky. If a large portion of your home’s square footage is comprised of deck, patio, and other gutter-free features, you may be better off with a linear gutter calculation.
Why stick with a professional?
In today’s unregulated internet climate, it is easy to find throngs of amateur handymen looking to make some honest money through gutter cleaning. Though there are some qualified individuals out there who have experience as a professional, you can never be sure of what you are getting when you turn to online classifieds. The only thing you can know for sure is that they are going to be cheap, and while that may sound great, it says a lot about the service you are about to receive.
However, when you cut your cleaning fee down way below market standards, it is just not sustainable; the business is likely only able to be profitable because it cuts back elsewhere. This could mean many things. The company may have no insurance or warranties in place to cover their employees and your property in the case of an accident that causes damage. They may be using improper tools – we’ve seen many soda bottles cut in half being substituted for proper gutter cleaning implements. Whatever the cut back may be, it will ultimately affect the quality of the service you are about to get.
Gutter cleaning is not particularly expensive in the first place, and Window Genie offers a significant discount on this service when it is scheduled on a repeat basis. Ask your local Genie about seasonal specials and the Window Care program. Don’t take any chances! Visit https://www.windowgenie.com/gutter-cleaning to learn more today.
For more help around the home – everything from plumbing to painting, call one of our fellow Neighborly brands today!