Pressure washers have become extremely popular rental options among home owners looking for fast and efficient cleans. Unfortunately, many are unaware that there are different types of equipment meant for different surfaces… and that without proper training, one can easily damage their decks, walkways and house siding.
Window Genie’s pressure washing services are becoming increasingly popular as customers opt for the ease and affordability of hiring our crew to get the job done over doing it themselves. Our customers have seen the difference a good pressure cleaning can make on their home’s siding, patios and driveways. Check out these pics and see for yourself!
For those unfamiliar with the benefits of pressure washing, here is a quick review to explain the rising popularity of pressure washer rentals:
· House washing made easy. Pressure washers let you strip your home of mildew and algae to increase the overall appeal and value of your home. This is especially popular an option for those looking to add their home to realty listings, as a minor investment in this cleaning can have a dramatic effect that translates to a tangible dollar amount once offers start pouring in. For those looking to settle in to their house for years to come, pressure washing can prolong the lives of both your home’s siding and exterior paint. Our trained, insured technicians use the correct equipment and water pressure to allow for a safe clean that leaves your home’s paint and delicate surfaces intact.
· Bolster your concrete surfaces and sealing. Pressure washers can clean away acidic salt after this year’s seemingly endless winter, as well as other corrosive build-up that is eating away at the lifespan of your concrete and sealing. Polish your concrete’s appearance in the garage or around the pool area, and increase its strength in the process. Neglecting these problems for too long can lead to irreversible staining and damage. Call to schedule regular, repeat pressure washing services for the year with your local Genie today for a discount!
· Wash dirt to restore tough-to-clean deck surfaces. Pressure washing gives home owners the unique opportunity to clean their deck, a task that is made near impossible with a mop or sponge, which simply frays and comes apart with repeated scrubbing on wood surfaces. Clean and restore your wood surfaces with a deck pressure washing treatment and extends its lifespan in the process. Ask your local Genie about possible deck sealing services as well.
Pressure Washing – More than Meets the Eye
With so many benefits to pressure washing, it is easy to see why the rental demands for these pressure washing units have sky-rocketed. However, renting your own pressure washer may not be the best choice. As is often the case with seemingly simply tasks, there is more to pressure washing than meets the eye.
Many people associate pressure washer handling with simply hosing down a dirty surface, but this could not be further from the truth. As any highly-trained Window Genie house pressure washing technician will tell you, pressure washing is equal parts art and science, and requires skill and experience to handle safely. Here are some common and costly mistakes that DIY house pressure washing attempts often result in:
· Too much pressure! The most common mistake do-it-yourself pressure washers will run into is applying too much pressure. It is easy to underestimate the power of a jet of water, but many first-time attempts will end up carving strips out of wood decking, or etching lines into the home’s siding. Window Genie technicians understand how proper distance and handling can be used to harness high-strength cleaning power without the risk of damage to the home.
· Naked water pressure washing. Many DIY pressure washers only load their washer with water. Without the proper ratio of cleaning solution mixed in, your cleaning effectiveness will be significantly reduced, and probably lead you to apply too much pressure to make up for lost power. Water-only mixtures also spread mold spores around. The extra pressure and mold-related damages can cost you big money.
· Cleaning out of order. Though not nearly as damaging or permanent a problem, cleaning out of order will essentially make your cleaning effort worthless, so that the cost of your rental is paid for nothing. If you clean your windows first and then try to pressure wash, you will end up bathing your sparkling windows in dirt and grimy residue. Window Genie house pressure washing experts will follow the appropriate order so that everything that is cleaned stays clean.
Many home owners will find that once the cost of rental, transport to and from the rental location, and a wasted day’s effort are factored together, they would have been better off investing in a Window Genie house pressure washing service. When first-timers try and fail with DIY attempts, this cost effectiveness ratio is skewed even more, so that they end up paying big repair money for what was a long, hard day that produced a sub-par clean.