Welcome to the Window Genie Blog!
We’ve developed this page to initiate a variety of interesting discussions to educate, entice and entertain you. To help you get to know us a little better, here’s a quick lesson on who Window Genie is; where we came from and where we are today:
Does Window Genie sell windows? Fix them? Install them? Are we real Genies who can grant you three wishes? Close, but not exactly. Window Genie’s tagline reads, “We Clean Windows and a Whole Lot More!” Very informative, I know. We do much more than clean windows but what kind of tagline would it be if we rambled on about our services, right?
I’ll take you back to where it all started. Window Genie was founded in Cincinnati in 1994. Tired of the corporate grind and willing to do what it took to be his own boss, Window Genie Founder and CEO, Rik Nonelle, took it upon himself to start over and be in control of his own success. Here’s a quick timeline of Window Genie from 1994 to now:
- Rik Nonelle gets degree from The Ohio State university in Marketing & Finance. Worked corporate jobs until starting Window Genie in 1994
- Original business started as a residential window cleaning company
- Operation grew to 8 crews and the addition of pressure washing services
- Franchise operations began in 1998 with the tagline, “Cleaning America’s Windows, Decks and Driveways.”
- 2000: Window Film
- 2005: Gutter Protection
- 2006: Tile & Grout cleaning
- 2009: GENIEMOBILE wrapped vehicles
- 2010: Master Franchise Program
- 2011: Creation of Windows 4 Wishes give back program
- 2011-2012: Added 4 new members to the corporate team to support the system’s tremendous growth
- 2012: Revamped windowgenie.com and added this blog!
Window Genie has grown a great deal over the years. Today, there are over 100 units in operation. A few bragging rights we’ve earned recently are:
- We were recently ranked #190 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2013 Franchise 500 List. We jumped 217 spots from the 2012 list that had us ranked #407
- We were featured in the 2012 Franchise Business Review Veterans & Franchising Special Report as one of the best franchises for Veterans
- We were named the 41st fastest growing franchise in America for 2012 by Entrepreneur Magazine
- Listed two years in a row for system-wide franchisee satisfaction by Franchise Business Review
- 5 Window Genie franchisees were awarded the Angie’s List Super Service Award
Now that we’re well acquainted, report back every week for news, updates, fun facts and to keep up with what’s going on in the Window Genie world! Don’t forget to browse our new website, find your local Genie and call for a free estimate today! Prepare for spring cleaning, recruit some help and let the power of the Genie work for you!